Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Friday, November 12, 2010

TGIF

Another week under our belts and only 40 minutes until quiting time.  Yabba Dabba Do.....I'd love to hear that whistle blow and slid down the dinosaur about right now.  Mark just called to ask if I wanted to go out dinner tonight and I tried really hard pleading that I'm just too tired but he's just craving sushi and since that's not something I can whip up at home, guess we're going out to eat.

I had such grand plans for yesterday but as usual the best laid plans always go awry.  Nothing big just everything takes twice as much time as I think it should.  I got my haircut yesterday and I love it!  I did a modified Diane Keaton's hairstyle in the latest movie that she's in with Harrison Ford....just too cute.  I have bangs which are something I don't think I've had since 5th grade and let's not even discuss how long ago that was.  I've got a new hairdresser and I think I'm gonna really like her.  If nothing else, she cut my hair then I picked Mark up for lunch and we ended up at the same chinese food place. 

The carpet guy came and it looks wonderful.  He couldn't believe that we'd never had the carpets cleaned and we've lived there over 5 years.  I asked how often you should have them cleaned and he told me every 6 to 8 months but he figured I could go at least 24 months between cleaning.   He said that I was a fantastic housekeeper and I just had to chuckle...nope Dulbia is  ;) 

I never got to pulling out the christmas stuff yesterday because I got a wild hair that I should clean the laundry room and kitchen cabinets.  Hello, where does this crazy idea come from?   Anyhoo, I cleaned, reorganized and staged it so we can get it sold...oh wait  that's a line from one of my fave shows, Sell This House.  No, we're not selling the house, I just wanted to get my cabinets straightened out so I can find things.  I even cleaned the dreaded kitchen junk drawer.  I decided to buy these little stairstep shelves to use for my spices so in order to do that then the shelves must be higher so I might as well move those, clean the inside of the cabinets....well you know how projects get derailed.  I was up on the countertop trying to wrestle the shelf out of those stupid little plastic clips that keep in stable and I had a little bit of an issue.  I thought I was going to knock it upward with the heel of my hand but instead managed to hit it with my wrist.  OMG!  I broke the blood vessels and it immediately started swelling up and bruising.  I started crying and the carpet cleaner guy about fell trying to get downstairs to find out what I had done.  It's actually laughable now but at the time I felt so stupid!  So the moral of this story is Never Clean Your Cabinets Out On Your Day Off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!