Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Sunday, January 23, 2011

Did we ever get snow!

Wow, I should wish for a million dollars because my snow wish paid off.  For those of you that get snow on a regular basis it is a curse but in Atlanta it's a real treat.  We got about 7 inches at our house and were snowed in!  I puttered around cooking roast, making a cake and stitching away while watching the flakes fly.  It was heavenly but then reality set in because we needed to go to work on Tuesday.  Mark dropped me off at the bank at 8:30 and I was the only person that could make it to work so I opened the drive thru by myself.  I just sat there with my stitching from 8:30 to 1:30 and only had 4 customers total.  I still can't believe that 4 people managed to get out of their homes much less to the bank.  The entire metro Atlanta area was at a standstill and everyone worked reduced hours for the remainder of the week.  It was so pretty but I have to admit, I'm done with snow for this year.

We went thru bank conversion on Monday and I have to say that it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.  Now we still have 3 people in the branch helping us but things have gone much smoother than I thought but ask me next week when I have no help how things are going!  

I'm suffering from a horrible head cold and cough.  I felt so bad Thursday that I thought I'd just crawl under my desk and sleep for a few hours if I thought I could have gotten away with it.  My sinus' are killing me so guess I'll be off to see the dr tomorrow.  My ribs hurt from all the coughing and Clarice has given up sleeping with me because I keep waking her up with my cough.  She's bedded down in a cardboard box that Mark's shoes were shipped in last week.  She's just snuggled in so guess that's where she'll sleep for the next few days.  This will tell you how bad I feel, Mark's in Korea and I had all these plans on re-arranging the tv room and shopping and I haven't done ANYTHING!  I haven't even watched tv in the tv room just piled up in the bedroom every night.  I so wanted to tea dye the living room and bedroom curtains while he was gone but guess that'll have to wait.  He'll be home Tuesday so all my far fetched ideas will be put on hold until his next business trip.

I did finally finish my Clara Ellen Blackbird Design for my SAL.  As you know I did mine to honor my Great Aunt Flo and it turned out gorgeous if I do say so myself.  I'll try to post some pics later this week.  I ran out of thread so had to wait on the mailman to get my delivery here on Friday so I could finish it.  I'm almost done with my Evergreen and not sure what I want to start next.  I'm thinking since I'm obsessed with the Anniversary series that I'll do Farm House but haven't committed to that yet.  Gotta keep my options open at least for a couple more days until my head clears up.  I did spend a little of my Christmas money a couple of weeks ago so here's a few of my treasures.


Look at this cool, iron  floor lamp that I got at the flea market for $40.  It looks great sitting next to the prim chair in the living room.  Also the basket is a thrift store find for $2 and holds all Clarice's downstairs toys.
This great iron rush candle holder looks great on the dining room drysink


My pewter collection from thrift store finds...3 plates and 2 mugs less than $15 total


Already owned the creamer, sugar plate, cone and nippers and those 2 plates but found the coffee pot and bowl at a thrift store for less than $8

My winter mantle for 2011.....I've had these ice cream collectibles for years but don't they mix perfectly with the snowmen


Living room table

Last pic of the table in the entrance hall

Have a great week everyone and hope you like the glimpse into my winter decor

1 comment:

  1. Love that you have photos now on your blog. I really enjoy the eye candy vignettes. From another filthy dirty loving martinis friend.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!