Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Leaving today!

As soon as the sun comes up, I'll be asleep sitting here but for now it's 4:30 am and I've been up since 3:00. I' like kid at Christmas just thinking about everything I want to see,, do and still need to get done before we leave. I'll work until noon today then it's off to the marta to start our fun filled adventure and any trip that starts with marta is guaranteed to be exciting. For those country folk, marta is the train that most of us take into Atlanta instead of fighting traffic and it's quite a colorful bunch of people that ride it. We've never had any problems and ride it a lot but you're just never sure who'll be sitting with you...cross dresser, hooker, man in 3 piece business suit, children (unruly), ect... I like the people watching aspect.

Anyway, I'm guzzling diet coke and eating a very healthy breakfast of raisenets. Yummy! I figure about the time I go into work the caffeine/sugar rush will pass and I'll be so cranky that I'll have to leave early. maybe I should try that every day. LOL!  I'll take a sleeping pill as we board the plane so I'll be rested for my first day in Germany.  I've alerted Mark that we are Putz sheep herders while there and must gather us a few more for our herd if the pricing is right.

I hate that I'm leaving my little Clarice here alone for the next 2 weeks but alas, Mark wouldn't give to buying her a tix to go with us. Not even after she promised to wear a beret and call him Pappa. He's got a heart of stone.ha,ha. Auntie Donna and Uncle Morgan will be coming over twice a day to play and check on her. She enjoys their visits more than us sometimes. My real concern is she is obsessed with eating anything and everything right now including flowers that I bring in the house. I've got some flowers that I'm drying and she keeps stealing them off the cabinets to gnaw on. I worry that she'll knock the pitchers over while I'm gone and break them. Now I know the sensible thing would be put them all away why we're gone but no, my house is form over function so I'll just have to deal with it if she breaks anything. Hey,   in case my plane goes down, my family needs to be able to walk into my home and think it looks great. As long as they don't look too close to see the cobwebs and smudges it will look great. LOL! The only change I made is unplugging the tart warmers while we're gone. Don't know why I do because they stay on 24/7 when we're home but always worry they will burn the house down when we're gone. No seriously, I don't usually worry about death, burning homes, ect but when one is out of the country and has no control then one thinks bout things like tt happening. Gee, I'm weird!

Ok,so off to fold that last load of laundry, rol out the trash cans, get dressed and go to wok. Catch ya in a couple of weeks and tell ya all about the trip.

1 comment:

  1. You my friend are too funny and by far the neatest housekeeper I've ever known besides my mama! I can't wait to hear about every second of your adventure! I'm certain that Marta is not the only place you will see some "characters" while on this trip but I'm sure the cross-dressers and the ladies of the evening (lol) will be better put together than the ones we saw on Marta! Love to you.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!