Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Thursday, June 2, 2011

Less than a week until I'm leaving on a jet plane...LOL!

That was one of those songs that I sung at the top of my lungs in the front yard when I was a kid.....not much has changed now that I'm grown. Ask my neighbors....LOL. I bet my momma would still wash my mouth out with soap today for screaming....Bad, Bad Leroy Brown...baddest man in the whole DAMN town...I was a rebel even back then. No kidding, worst whipping of my life...except for the one that I got at age 17 when I stuck the hot iron to the bottom of my brother's foot but that's a story for another day. I'll just say that I hate ironing....enough said...always have and always will but after Mark heard that story he started taking all his clothes to the dry cleaners. I married a smart man!


We leave in 6 days on vacation and I'm feeling every minute slipping away already. You know the must clean out all the closets before we leave just in case something happens that we don't make it back. Lord forbid, my momma or even worse, his momma know how messy we are! I'd like to say "he is" but sadly I'm the pack rat that keeps dragging things home and squirreling them away in the closets. And I hope to bring back lots of squirraly items from the flea markets in Germany and France. I'm gonna have 3 whole days in Reims while he's in meetings and I'm so excited just picturing all the wonderful things I'm gonna find. My only concern is the e coli outbreak in Germany. Mark's been so excited because I was going to be there during white asparagus season and now I'm concerned about eating any veggies. It would suck to get sick first thing and miss Paris! I never, never even dreamed that a little Arkansas hillbilly like myself would be going to Paris. I know we've had some amazing once in a lifetime trips to China, Korea, Italy, Wales, ect but Paris just sounds so ....sigh...foreign...Paris, Paris! Quick someone pinch me to make sure this isn't a dream. Ouch! No dream just the reality of trying to figure out what to pack leaving as much room as I can to bring back lots of treasures. T shirts, shorts, walking shoes and maybe a nice summery dress for those romantic nights but nothing else...well maybe, some underwear, bras and nighties might be in order. Dang now my suitcase is filling up again. They say the Flea Market in Paris is the largest in the world and there are a lot of "country" antique items so I can't wait to tell you guys all about my new treasures. Just hoping that credit card limit is high enough to hold everything. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!