Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Monday, October 1, 2012

Too Long My Friends

Sorry that I have been away this long but just frankly didn't really get on the computer much at all the last couple of weeks.  I have been enjoying some quality stitching time enjoying the cooler fall temps so not much to show for my absence.  Hey we finally got us tv and that's had something to do with my being offline as well....eye roll but I do have over 2 months of mindless tv watching to catch up on.

We are headed to Lucerne Switzerland this next week because Mark has some meetings and I've never been.  It won't be but a couple of nights but I'm so excited.  Of course, I plan to eat and bring back at least my weight in chocolate!  We're going to celebrate my birthday which was a week ago Saturday which was when Mark got back from his US and France trips.  He was just too wiped out to do much which I totally understood!  We took a drive up to the Black Forest which is only 20 minutes from home but we'd never ventured that way so it was a treat.  We stopped at a convent that was built in the 1600's and wandered the grounds.  It was a nice outing.


So fall is arriving slowly over here and I just couldn't let that happen without putting at least a few fall decr items out.  I really miss my numerous halloween and fall decorations because as you know this is my favorite season.  I just keep telling myself just remember it'll be new to ya when you pull it all out again in 3 years...lol!  So here's a few pics and you'll notice it's far more reserved than my normal Hallowwen Store exploded in my home look!

Entryway Cabinet
 
Brought the old wooden safe deposit box from home and it's it cute filled with fall stuff
 
 
This little chalkware squirrel started my longing for some fall decor.  He's just too cute and I brought the old basket over with me as well
 
Kitchen Table
 
 
 


Here's the convent
Grounds
 
Ok for the lastest look at my treasures and finds over here.  While driving to the Black Forest we passed an antik shop that was closed so we went back this past weekend for a quick peep.  She's a smaller shop but has a lot of 60's and 70's items with some older prims mixed in.  Thank goodness for me that she doesn't consider them to as valuable as the newer stuff because I got some clay marbles, 2 egg sock darners and my first leather book for $12.80 US total.  I was just shocked and so pleased that I danced all the way back to the car.  Mark just shook his head and looked away like he didn't know me.  LOL!
 
Last thing is what have I been stitching you ask?  Well I posted that I finished Seaside Retreat last time and was trying to pick my next project.  I did and I finished it this weekend!  I did Elizabeth Jane by of course, Blackbird Designs and I did it to honor my Granny.  She was an amazing woman and I still miss her everyday.  Her name was Elizabeth but everyone called her Babe so I stitched that as well.  She's been gone 10 years now but I can still remember how her eyes would light up when I suprised her and stopped by her house unexpected. 
 
 
Have a great week and I'll post Switzerland pics next week so check back with me.
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. You have been busy. That convent looks amazing and I love your sweet fall decor. I am so jealous that you are going to Switzerland. How exciting. Can't wait to see the photos. Safe travel.

    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute decorations! It must be soo much fun to visit historical areas & find such great bargains. Lovely finish for your grandmother! I look forward to seeing the pics from Switzerland...don't forget the chocolate! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!