Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Musings from Tennessee

We made a quick trip home this weekend for some much needed girlfriend time with Donna Davis.  We left Friday afternoon and drove home during a terrible foggy day on the mountains.  I swear it was a good thing that Mark was driving because I couldn't see more than one car length in front of us. We made it home safely and went to Donna and Morgan's for a yummy dinner of homemade pizza Saturday evening.  It was the best pizza I've had in a long, long time and I ate myself silly. 

Then it was back in the car Sunday afternoon for the trip back to TN.  Clarice did great and slept most of the way here since it got dark really quickly.  She's just such a good traveler and never even gets out of her carrier. She just rides in my lap and as long as she can see out of the windshield she just naps, talks and purrs the whole way. We got back here just in time for Dowtown Abbey which was awesome!  I would have killed Mark if we missed it this week. 

I also got to stock up on my needlework/craft supply and bring it back with us. I have signed up for a Valentine swap so I needed to bring more crafty supplies here in order to create.  The bad thing was Mark didn't decide to tell me until 30 minutes before he was ready to leave that we were going.  I was rushing around trying to remember to pack my jeans and crafty stuff, that I forgot my watch and wedding rings.  We're not headed back home for at least another 2 weeks so I had to get Donna to go get my jewelry and take it home with her.  It just made me too nervous to know they were in my jewelry box with the house on the market and all.  It feels really weird not having my rings on but I do love the fact I don't have a watch.  Now I have an excuse on spending too much time wandering around an antique store since I don't know what time it is. LOL!

Enjoy your day and hoping it brings you blue sky, happiness and laughter to fill your day!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got your "stuff". Have fun now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so wonderful Donna, mmmm pizza....take Zcare, Francine.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!