Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Friday, March 7, 2014

Thrifty Thursday

Ok so as usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short but I wanted to show y'all what I picked up at GW yesterday.  I'm in TN with Mark and quite frankly, the GW here hasn't shown me too many treasures.  Every time I walk out empty handed, I swear that will be the last time I stop there but the thrill of the hunt keeps drawing me back in. And yesterday I scored! So without further ado here are my finds.

A huge  antique ironstone platter for $2.99 and I almost missed it completely because it was on the bottom shelf under a tacky, plastic turkey platter but something just made me take a second look.  Wahoo, I snatched this beauty up and clutched it tightly all the way to the checkout counter.
 
Just look at that great patina
 
My next find was this Currier and Ives "Snowy Morning' platter for $1.99. 
 

 
 
 
And finally a basket filled this this awesome goodness.  Just look at these 12 antique bottles that look like someone dug them up from their backyard.  Now I will confess this was my big splurge because I paid $12 for them.  They were wrapped so tightly with saran wrap that you could barely see what they were but I knew instantly that they would be a really great collection. 

 
Some days it just pays to go thrifting and yesterday was a banner day.
 
Have a great weekend and do something that brings a smile to your face today.  Don't forget to Spring Forward this weekend!
 

 

9 comments:

  1. You make me hungry for thrift shopping! I haven't been in so long. You did have a banner day didn't you! LOL Wonderful finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure did hit the mother load, lucky gal again!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Donna, oh I adore the Snowy Morning platter, so beautiful, love those picture plates. Great bottle load, you did very thrifty, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Good for you! Love that platter.
    We have slowed down our antique/thrift shopping because we almost always walk out with something we need the truck for.
    We are weak. : (

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love your finds, the bottles are great, so nice to have a ready made collection. I really need to get out to the thrift shop soon.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure had a good days "thrift" and those bottles were a treasure of a find, :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...you did score big.....your bottles reminded me of my old collection....sorry to say...I slowly got rid of my old bottles in one of my de-cluttering stages.....I love that ironstone .....it was hidden just for you.....I hope you share where it ends up at your house....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!