Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Thursday, February 19, 2015

Daily Blogging Challange

I've decided that the only way I'm going to get back to any thing normal in my life I need to start with baby steps.  There has been a challenge going around blog world for a few years now but I never joined because quite frankly didn't need another "deadline" in my life.  But this latest sounds fun, doable and I can commit to anything for 30 days unless it involves giving up chocolate, diet coke or coffee....LOL!

So the first post is The Story Of Your Life in just one paragraph

I was born in 1965 to very young parents (17&20) and was very soon joined by 2 younger brothers.  We all grew up together and we had a lot of love, fun and  adventures but there were tough times as well.   My teenage years certainly didn't things easy for my family.  But we all survived it but just barely....lol.  I met my hubby, Mark at a frat party almost 30 years ago and told my best friend, Kathie that I'd just met the man I was going to marry which made her laugh her ass off.  It took a year to convince Kathie and Mark of that fact but we eventfully did marry.  It's not always an easy life but as long as I share the journey with him, everything is ok.  He makes me cry, yell, scream, laugh, love deeply on a daily basis but I can't imagine going thru life with anyone else but him.  We have lived in 5 states and another country in the past 15 years so it's been a whirlwind but we've finally landed in Tennessee.  I'm a "retired" banker but ready to embark on my next career as an antique/vintage dealer.  I love tromping around finding gems that other people have overlooked and then repurposing them into our home.  I have quite an inventory built up but before I dive into this adventure I have to find our home in TN.  We had been saying this was our retirement home but everything that suits our long term wants/needs is just too far out of town for Mark to drive into work every day for the next 10 years.  Now we have decided to find the home that fits our immediate needs so I've been busy screening homes then the real fun will begin.   We share our home with one very spoiled, international cat named Clarice and she is the light of my life. 
 
Ok I'll be back tomorrow with the next challenge.  Find something today that makes you smile!
 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! This will be fun. I enjoyed your post today a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Donna, missed you.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!