Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Thursday, January 28, 2016

Laundry room remodeling, Stitchy Fun and More

Ok guys and dolls told ya I'd be back later this week and gosh I have a lot to tell y'all about.

First of all, I mentioned the cabinet I bought for the laundry room in my last post but didn't put the picture in.....duh!  It was handmade 1991 and the cherry finish is wonderful so no painting it.  I needed a cabinet that would tuck in the little spot where the washer is because it's being moved beside the dryer...thank goodness.  The laundry room is just an awkward space and the washer and dryer doors opened into each other which was such a hassle when moving clothes because only one appliance could be open at a time.  So we're moving the washer and dryer to the same wall, moving the white cabinets to the one wall, removing built in ironing board, installing soapstone countertop over the appliances, adding the cherry cabinet for cookbook storage and finally replacing the tile. 
Realtor Before Pics:


 

This is the tile that I have ordered for the floor which Mark just hates.  It looks like an old painted farmhouse floor and I really wanted it in the bathroom but since he very strongly objected I comprised by just putting it in the laundry room.  It will have very, very small grout lines and the walls will be painted a very pale grey.  The contractors will hopefully start next week!  They've really got to start next week because the garage is filling up quickly with bathroom cabinets, lighting, bath tub, ect.....Things are stacked on top of each other and I expect them to start falling every time I walk out there.
 
I picked up my framed finishes yesterday and I can't wait to figure out where I'm going to hang these beauties. 
Song of Spring by Blackbird Designs

Easter Parade by Blackbird Designs on pale yellow linen.  I'll display this one seasonally since I'm basically out of wall space.

Sunflower House by Blackbird Designs is really a stunner!
 
Good news is the snow is melting away finally and I was able to get out Monday morning to meet the contractor at the tile store.  Bad news is that I slid back down the driveway several times in my attempt to get out.  I slid into the stacked stone on the driver's side and scuffed the wheels/tires and put a couple of scratches on the back fender.  Now my driving skills are questionable on a good day but add in the snow/ice and I was set up for failure.  Mark was just very grateful that I didn't slide over on the right hand side of the driveway because that's a straight drop that ends with the house.  I told him we could have gotten the bathroom remodel done by insurance but I would have hated to file that claim.  Seriously the truck isn't scratched that bad and I learned that when it snows, I stay home!  He got the car out fine with no problems so it can be done just not by me. 
 
He leaves again on Sunday for a week so Clarice and I will be moving to the basement during the remodeling project so we won't be in the guys way.  I'm looking forward to getting it done but dread the mess and moving all our crap out of the bath/bedroom.  I mean I just got the boxes unpacked and now I'm packing stuff back up?  Daniel thinks it'll take them 2 to 3 weeks to get both rooms done so I can stand it for that long.  I'm sure it would have taken us at least 3 months to do it ourselves and that's if we didn't kill each other during the process.
 
I don't think I ever posted the final pictures of the kitchen island with the paint and top installed.   I love it!



 
And finally a new picture of Zeva!
 Zeva and her daddy
 
So this week do something that makes you happy or makes you smile which in my case is just looking at pictures of Zeva all the time. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, love what you did with the redo, looks great...love all your stitchery, Sunflower house is so beautiful...living dolly she is, so cute..Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new cabinet but I adore that floor tile , great choice for the laundry area! Your lil Zeva is beautiful , definitely good reason to smile . Have a great evening . ~hugs Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zeva is precious and love her name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like that tile also. The house looks gorgeous. And so do your framed pieces! Most especially Sunflower House.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!