Welcome

Welcome to my little world! My name is Donna and I'm the mother of one very spoiled kitty named Clarice. I was a banker for over 20 years but now I'm a SAHM and loving every minute of it. I'm a super, huge Bon Jovi fan and an avid cross stitcher. I love decorating my home with flea market finds, primitive style items and vintage items. My hubby says if the last three generations threw it out as trash it'll end up in our house as a decoration.



Friday, May 6, 2016

Lions, Tigers and Bears.....oh my!!!!

We had our first visitors here a week ago Saturday while we were working in the garage.  I had gone into the house and Clarice got out so I walked around the corner of the house to fine her.  As I rounded the corner the neighbor below me yelled to me the bears were in my back yard.  I turned around quickly and hightailed it back in the house while alerting Mark to come see with me.  This is who was visiting me......can you see the one little one climbing the tree?  I might have even cried a little while watching them.


I told Mark that Clarice was outside so he went off to find her.  She was waiting at the front door wanting back into her safe house.  She liked watching them from the safety of her upstairs deck.  I'm pretty brave as well since I figured I could get back into the house before the bear could get up the stairs so I watched them for a long time until Momma decided it was time to mosey along.  I ran to tell Mark to close the garage door because she was leading them up the stairs towards the driveway. 




Then she noticed the garbage cans and bags in the driveway so she stopped to see if we had any snacks.  We have the cans latched shut so she didn't find anything worthwhile so they moved on.  But not before she stood up on her back legs and looked into my truck.  She left drool on the windows but thank goodness it was all locked up so that was that.  Then she turned towards the car and Mark said 'I hope she doesn't mess with the car"  then I reminded him the Porsche was also parked out there under the car cover which sent him into a panic.  He started yelling at the bear thru the windows and waving his arms  around trying to scare her off.  I about wet myself....oh who are we kidding I did wet myself......from laughing so hard!


All the pictures were taken using my cell phone so probably not the best ones but wanted to share them with y'all.  I'm hoping that they will come visit again really soon.

Do something that makes you smile, I'm on bear lookout!

4 comments:

  1. Oh they are so little!! And you can safely watch them from your porch. Any bets how long it will take her to break the latches on the cans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat Donna. I am so glad all is safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little ones are so cute. But I'd be terrified if they were in my yard. Too funny about the car. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clarice looking over the balcony is a scream. She is pretty darn brave. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments good or bad so chat away!